We have just released a new board game for two to four players: Hey! That's my fish!
Yes, that's right, we have actually added a board game to our board games site. It's a very special occasion.
As normal we are lacking a tutorial or indeed any information about the game at all, but we will add that soon and in the mean time there is plenty of information at board game geek.
For those that have played Lost Cities, the layout for setting up games should be familiar. This new version offers some notable benefits as it is now a central page to manage all our multiplayer games (Lost Cities will be ported at some point). It also loads very quickly because we are not using any plugins, and it updates dynamically even if you are behind a restrictive firewall. This means you should be able to play this game at work, in case you were wondering, out of idle curiosity, hypothetically of course.
The actual game display is also a departure from our traditional methods. Having done some research I have come to the conclusion that drawing using a persistent framework is the way forward. Currently we are using SVG, which is supported by Opera and Mozilla/Firefox, and even Internet Explorer if you have the plugin from adobe. There are some other platforms that should be easy to port to so if you can't play yet you should be able to soon.
There are still plenty of improvements to make, but in the mean time go grab some fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi,
I've just found this site and the games seem very well-done.
I'm running MacOS X 10.3.9 and trying to use Safari 1.3.2. Unfortunately, I can't log in because the login form doesn't get displayed. I am able to log in with Firefox, but its applet support is not as good as Safari's.
I did some experiments and it seems to work if you remove the following setting in layout.css:
.auth {display: table;}
You also have to edit puzzles.css and change the line:
.auth { background: #eee;}
to
.auth table { background: #eee;}
P.S. Is there a way to send questions other than posting comments in the blog?
Hello
Thank you for your comments, we're glad you're enjoying the site.
We don't have a Mac so are flying blind as far as Safari is concerned, so we really appreciate feedback from Mac users, (especially when it comes with a fix!) - it seems that display: table is to be avoided.
You can send comments to us at game [dot] pixies [at] gmail [dot] com as well as posting here, and we always enjoy hearing from our users.
Thanks once again
Helen
Thanks very much! That fixed the problem and I can log in now with Safari.
I will see if I can borrow my wife's PayPal account to make a donation! :)
Post a Comment